- A wide open space.
- Blindfolds or eye-pads for all participants.
- Sticky paper or post-it notes.
- 3 participants or more.
- Only verbal instructions are to be given by the guides.
- The one crossing the sticky sea while blindfolded is not allowed to speak.
- There must not be any physical contact or assistance at any point between the members of the team.
The goal of the game is for the non-blindfolded team members to verbally guide the blindfolded person across a sea of sticky paper on the floor without stepping on any sticky paper/notes.
If you have a larger group, you can try a variation of this game by having two teams trying to cross the Sticky Sea starting from opposite ends. It’s a lot of fun!
Besides using this game to help your kids cope with exam stress, you can try this in the office as well. It can help break down barriers and build staff cohesion in the workplace. It’s a great game for parties too! Give it a shot.