- Download and open your free Audacity software.
- Click the Record button to start recording.
- Once done, click the Stop button.
- The Play button will let you listen to your recording.
- Click Select File > Save Project As…Edit (copy, delete, paste, etc) your file.
- To add music, click Select Project > Import Audio… and select the music you want to add.
- Adjust the volume of your voice-over and music. Try to ensure that the music selected does not compete with your voice.
- Finally, export your Audacity file to a .wav file – the one you will use in MovieMaker to create your video.
- Click File > Export As (filename).wav.
Using Audacity is part of a series of DigiStory posts created to help you create own special memory of making a digital story together with your kids. Click to read more: Overview – Writing Your Story – Images and Story Boarding – Pulling it Together (Audacity / MovieMaker).