Cooking is a fun way for dads and kids to bond. Create something together using your imagination and hands. Fill your home with the wonderful smell of home-baked desserts. Here’s a fun recipe to try with your kids!
1. 250g Butter
2. 500g Brown Sugar
3. 5g Salt
4. 125g Eggs
5. 10ml Vanilla
6. 30g Milk
7. 375g Pastry Flour
8. 15g Baking Powder
9. 8g Baking Soda
10.300g Rolled Oats
11.250g Raisins (soaked and drained)
FN: All ingredients must be at room temperature (especially eggs and milk)
1. Place items 1,2,3 into mixing bowl (of an electric mixer). Using a paddle attachment, cream (mix) at low speed until mixture is light and fluffy. )If you do not have a mixer, use a whisk).
2. Add items 4,5,6 into the mixing bowl and continue to blend at low speed.
3. Sift in flour and leavening, items 7,8,9, and mix until just these combine. Finally mix in items 10 and 11 and your dough is done.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment or grease paper and drop cookie dough onto the tray with at least 3cm gaps in between the dough.
5. Bake at preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 8 to 12 minutes (depending on cookie size).
6. Allow cookies to cool on a rack before storing them.
If this sounds too complicated, you can buy pre-packed cookie mix from the supermarket, add eggs, milk and have just as good a time making them with your kids.
Contributed by Yeo Kian Tiong of Ramen Monster.