Try this out with your kids, age 13 and above.
70g ground peanuts
60g icing sugar
1 tsp milk powder
75g plain flour + ½ tsp baking powder
60 to 75ml corn oil/sunflower oil
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk for glazing
Large mixing bowl, Greaseproof paper (also known as baking paper, or silicone paper), Pastry brush, Baking tray, Oven
Oven Temperature: 180 ºC
Baking time: 20-25min
1. Mix dry ingredients ‘A’ together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the centre and pour in three quarters of the liquid Mix B. Mix well to a semi-soft consistency. If required, add all of the remaining oil. The dough should not be sticky. Knead slightly.
3. Divide the mixture into four portions. Then divide again into eight or 10 mini balls.
4. Take each mini ball of dough and roll into a small marble-sized ball. Round and press slightly with palm till you get cookie shape.
5. Place cookie ball on lined baking tray (line with silicone or greaseproof paper) leaving a little space in between. Glaze with a beaten egg yolk.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180 ºC for 20 to 25 minutes till golden brown.
* You can obtain most ingredients in baking specialty shops at prices lower than found at your usual supermarket.