The National Geographic Weird but True app has swept a host of parenting awards and we’re rating it five stars for being extremely fun, extremely entertaining, extremely educational and extremely easy to use.
All you have to do is shake or swipe your device and a new fun fact will appear. Next to it are five bright and bold icons:
- Press the first one and an animal will pop up and say “That’s Weird!” in a funny voice.
- Press the second one and you’ll add the fact to your list of favorites.
- Press the third one and you’ll be taken to a screen where you can rate the level of weirdness.
- Press the fourth one and you’ll get to email the tidbit to a friend
- Press the fifth one and you’ll be taken to your list of favorites.
The app has a free trial pack. However, you’ll need to purchase Weird but True info and activity packs costing USD0.99 each to get to the real fun stuff. However, we think these are worth every cent.
Even your toddler will enjoy this app. Though he may be too young to understand the fun facts presented in the pack, he’ll nonetheless enjoy being able to change what’s on the screen just by shaking or swiping the phone to make the “That’s Weird!” animal appear!
Yoh! You’ve got to check it out!
Available on: iPhone and iPad