1 cup water
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 14 muffin cups with liners.
– Kids can help to line the muffin cups.
- Pour unsweetened cocoa powder into a medium sized bowl and mix with boiling water until smooth. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
– Kids can help to mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat only until just combined. In a steady stream, add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
– Kids can help daddies to add ingredients into the mixer.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full with batter. Bake for 16 to 19 minutes.
– Kids can help to spoon batter into the cupcake liners.