The tortilla wraps can be purchased from most NTUC Supermarkets and they make for great, easy, delicious, thin crust pizza bases.
We’ve got 2 versions you can try.
1. Red & White Pizza
For this pizza, you’ll need:
- sliced roasted chicken
- finely sliced white onions
- roasted red lantern peppers
- tomatoes (skin removed)
- tomato paste
- grated cheese (a combination of mozzarella, parmesan or cheddar is yum).
- Around early afternoon, get the children to pre-arrange the red peppers and tomatoes on the tortilla base. This will form the top half of the red and white Singapore pizza.
- Place the chicken and onions on the other part of the tortilla to form the bottom half.
- Use the grated cheese to outline the flag all the way round and down the middle. Use it also to form a crescent moon and five stars.
- Make sure the lines are distinct or you’ll lose the design when the cheese melts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius till the cheese is brown and the edges curl and crisp!
2. Moon and Stars Pizza
For this next Singapore pizza, separately chop all the following ingredients into 1/2 cm bits:
- cooked ham and/or sausages
- tinned pineapple
- red and/or green peppers
- tomato paste
- grated cheese (using the yum combination suggested above).
- Around 40 minutes before dinner, invite the children to make their own “Stars and Moon” pizza dinner.
- Thinly spread the tomato paste over the the tortilla base. Cover this base with a generous dose of cheese.
- Use all the other coloured ingredients to form a crescent moon and 5 stars anywhere on top of the cheese base.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius till the cheese melts and the tortilla edges curl and crisp.
Celebrate with more NDP@Home ideas:
- Flag it!
- Singapore Shepherd’s Pie
- Try out the “Red and White”, “Moon and Stars” Kid’s Activity Pizza
- Rice sprinkled with History
- Parade Fruit Platter
- Tie dye your own NDP Red Tee
- NDP Agar Desserts