Here are more fun and easy drinks you can mix together with your kids!
Coke or Root Beer Float
1 bottle of Coke or Root Beer, chilled
1 small tub vanilla ice cream
Optional: Whipped cream and Maraschino cherries
1. Take out some tall glasses and chill these in the refrigerator for 20 mins or so.
2. Pour Root Beer or Coke, as you prefer, till glasses are 3/4 full.
3. Scoop one or two dollops of vanilla ice cream into each glass.
4. Optional: Top each glass off with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
5. Serve with a long spoon.
Smile whilst you slurp… The froth will likely leave moustaches on everyone. Get your camera ready for a family picture to remember. You’ll be laughing about it years from now.
Try also this twist to the standard float recipe.
Chocolate and Root Beer Float Extravaganza
Ingredients (makes about 5 mugs)
Chocolate milk, chilled
Root beer, chilled
1 small tub of chocolate ice cream
1. Chill mugs in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
2. Fill each glass with chocolate milk (40%) and root beer (60%).
3. Mix well.
4. Top each cup off with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
5. Dig in and enjoy!